FAQ for Bioidentical Hormone Replacement (for women)
- Pellets do not have the same risk of breast cancer as the synthetic progestins or synthetic Methytestosterone. In fact, studies show a reduction in the incidence of breast cancer with the implantation of testosterone pellets, with or without estradiol pellets (Dimitrakakis 04, Tutera 09).
- Even after over 20 years of therapy with hormone implants, the risk of breast cancer is not increased (Gambrel 06). In breast cancer survivors, hormone replacement therapy with pellet implantation does not increase the risk of cancer recurrence or death (Natrajan 02) as does estrogen in combination with the synthetic progestins (Habits Trial 04).
- Simply put, yes. Hormone replacement therapy with estradiol and testosterone implants is superior to oral and topical (both the patch and gel) hormone replacement therapy for bone density (Savvas 88, 92, Davis 95, Anderson 97). The consistent, adequate levels of testosterone delivered by pellet implant are important in maintaining bone mineral density(Aminoroaya 05) while also being available as a substrate for the production of estradiol (Simpson 02, 03).
- The pellets not only prevent bone loss but also actually increase bone density (Savvas 88, Studd 90, Garnett 91, Savvas 92, Naessen 93, Holland 94, Studd 94, Davis 95, Anderson 97, Seed 00, Panay 00)
- You bet! Testosterone, delivered by subcutaneous pellet implant has been shown to improve hot flashes, heart discomfort, sleep problems, depressive mood, irritability, anxiety, physical fatigue, memory loss, sexual problems, bladder problems (incontinence), vaginal dryness, joint and muscular discomfort in both premenopausal and post- menopausal patients without adverse drug events (Glaser 09).
- No. Testosterone, delivered by pellet implant does not affect the menstrual cycle (Dewis 86) and has been used to treat endometriosis and uterine fibroids (Greenblatt 49).
- Every 3-6 months, depending on your bodies metabolism and symptoms
- $250 per dose (lasts 3-6 months)
*All studies quoted above are available by request